Stack Overflow -- Could not open the editor. Editor could not be initialized.

Leslie Carpenter

Jan 17, 2012, 4:29:22 PM1/17/12
to CFEclipse Users
Event Details:

'class org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.CFDocumentSetupParticipant' must not
install a default partitioner.
When a 'org.eclipse.core.filebuffers.documentSetup' extension wants
to install partitioning on the document, it must use the
'org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocumentExtension3' API and use a unique
partitioning.

An exception stack trace is not available.

Session Data:

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Details on the page that I was trying to open:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.regex.Pattern$Neg.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$Branch.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$Loop.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupTail.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$BranchConn.match(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern$CharProperty.match(Unknown Source)

(The 7 lines above repeat ad nauseum until it overflows, I guess).

I can open the file in a plain text editor, but not in the cfml
editor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jim Priest

Jan 17, 2012, 5:10:40 PM1/17/12
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I'm assuming this was working at some point and now it's not?

Any changes made to Eclipse since then and now?

I have no idea what the error means - but I'd try to create a new workspace, copy the troublesome document there and see if it will open.

Jim

--
For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: trac.cfeclipse.org

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com