Problem Formatting with 1.4.4?

Randy Merrill

Dec 26, 2010, 2:18:31 PM12/26/10
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone else had trouble formatting with 1.4.4? I'm getting this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Problem loading dictionaryconfig.xml
at cfml.dictionary.DictionaryManager.initDictionaries(DictionaryManager.java:138)
at cfml.dictionary.DictionaryManager.initDictionaries(DictionaryManager.java:169)
at cfml.parsing.cfmentat.tag.CFMLTags.register(CFMLTags.java:67)
at cfml.parsing.CFMLSource.<init>(CFMLSource.java:30)
at cfml.formatting.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:60)
at cfml.formatting.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:378)
at org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.formatters.CFMLFormattingStrategy.format(CFMLFormattingStrategy.java:209)
at org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.formatters.CFMLFormattingStrategy.format(CFMLFormattingStrategy.java:250)
at org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.formatters.CFMLFormattingStrategy.format(CFMLFormattingStrategy.java:65)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.formatter.MultiPassContentFormatter.formatMaster(MultiPassContentFormatter.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.formatter.MultiPassContentFormatter.format(MultiPassContentFormatter.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.doOperation(SourceViewer.java:966)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.ProjectionViewer.doOperation(ProjectionViewer.java:1534)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction$1.run(TextOperationAction.java:131)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.run(TextOperationAction.java:129)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.ui.commands.ActionHandler.execute(ActionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerWrapper.execute(LegacyHandlerWrapper.java:109)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:468)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:786)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:885)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$3(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$KeyDownFilter.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:123)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1524)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1257)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1267)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1294)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.gtk_key_press_event(Widget.java:730)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.gtk_key_press_event(Control.java:2841)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.gtk_key_press_event(Composite.java:734)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.windowProc(Widget.java:1743)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4796)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4360)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_main_do_event(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_main_do_event(OS.java:8168)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.eventProc(Display.java:1238)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._g_main_context_iteration(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.g_main_context_iteration(OS.java:2229)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3159)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)

--
Randy Merrill

Alex

Jan 5, 2011, 8:11:17 AM1/5/11
to CFEclipse Users
I'm getting this to, i've rolled back for the moment, as format source
is more important to me than the some of the new features.
It would be really good to get this sorted soon tho!

Alex

Alex

Stephen Moretti

Jan 5, 2011, 9:10:52 AM1/5/11
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
By any chance are you both using eclipse/cfeclipse on a *nix OS?

Just asking, as I have the same issue with my Ubuntu install of cfeclipse, but not on Windows...

I need to check the logs (forgot to look last night), but having had a little chat with Denny yesterday it is probably a pathing issues, which he hopes will be a moot point with changes he's making to the dictionary side of things.

Stephen

--
For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: trac.cfeclipse.org

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

Stephen Moretti
Blog : http://nil.checksite.co.uk/
Twitter : http://twitter.com/mr_nil

Jim Priest

Jan 5, 2011, 9:14:28 AM1/5/11
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
FWIW - I'm having this issue on Windows XP.

Jim

Randy Merrill

Jan 5, 2011, 10:31:36 AM1/5/11
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Mine is on a Ubuntu machine. I think i may have the same problem on my work machine (XP). I haven't been using my OSX for a couple of versions so I don't know if it is on there yet...
--
Randy Merrill

denstar

Jan 5, 2011, 11:54:01 AM1/5/11
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the troubleshooting folks! I'd thought it was a problem
limited to *nix, but apparently not.

There's a few variables in play for the dictionary location at the
moment, which is probably the cause. The next build should use just
one, which is specifiable in preferences.

:Den

--
In morals, truth is but little prized when it is a mere sentiment, and
only attains its full value when realized in the world as fact.

denstar

Jan 11, 2011, 7:27:01 PM1/11/11
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Alright, I've pushed a dev build up that seems to address this problem.

The update site is : http://cfeclipse.org/update-dev

:Den

--
Narrative identity takes part in the story's movement, in the
dialectic between order and disorder.

Alex

Jan 19, 2011, 5:45:33 AM1/19/11
to CFEclipse Users
I'm still getting this problem, even after trying 1.4.5. There are no
available items at the update-dev source. I am using Ubuntu 10.10

Which version did you think you had it working in Den?

denstar

Jan 19, 2011, 11:58:14 AM1/19/11
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Alex wrote:
> I'm still getting this problem, even after trying 1.4.5. There are no
> available items at the update-dev source. I am using Ubuntu 10.10
>

> Which version did you think you had it working in Den?

It should be that version on dev.

I think I fixed the indent when adding a newline after {, so I've
pushed another build, this time to the preview update site.

Maybe see if the preview version does the trick?

:Den

--
It is too difficult to think nobly when one thinks only of earning a living.
Jean Jacques Rousseau

Alex

Jan 21, 2011, 5:38:14 AM1/21/11
to CFEclipse Users
I've updated to the preview version, still getting:

"Format Source" did not complete normally. Please see the log for
more information.
Problem loading dictionaryconfig.xml

Alex

Alex

Mar 9, 2011, 12:04:12 PM3/9/11
to CFEclipse Users
Is there any update to this?

On Jan 21, 10:38 am, Alex <a.ll...@talkwebsolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> I've updated to the preview version, still getting:
>
> "FormatSource" did not complete normally.  Please see the log for

denstar

Mar 9, 2011, 1:17:12 PM3/9/11
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Alex wrote:
> Is there any update to this?

I've pushed out another preview build. You'll still probably get the
error, but now you can set the folder that the dictionaries are in,
which should fix it, and better yet, let me know what value it's
defaulting to.

The new option is under Preferences > CFEclipse > Editor >
Dictionaries. It *should* be pointing at the "dictionary" folder in
the CFE plugin folder, but for those who are getting the error, it
must not be.

If you can copy and paste whatever value is in there into a reply to
this message, it'll help me track down why it's not getting set
correctly by default. You can then set the correct folder (it should
be the one containing dictionaryconfig.xml, if you need to do a search
to find it) and then things should work.

I'm just *barely* getting back into the swing of things after my
adventures, apologies for being out of the picture for so long.

Awesome adventures. CFML devs are a lot of fun!

:Den

--
Freedom comes only to those who no longer ask of life that it shall
yield them any of those personal goods that are subject to the

Alex

Mar 28, 2011, 11:14:00 AM3/28/11
to CFEclipse Users
Denstar,

Thanks for this update, the default value i got was:

plugins/org.cfeclipse.cfml_1.4.5.201103091103/dictionary

I've updated the location, to the full path, so it now has /home/
{user}/opt/eclipse/plugins/org.cfeclipse.cfml_1.4.5.201103091103/
dictionary
and it works fine!

Thanks for your help.

Alex

denstar

Mar 29, 2011, 12:08:57 AM3/29/11
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Alex wrote:
> Denstar,
>
> Thanks for this update, the default value i got was:
>
> plugins/org.cfeclipse.cfml_1.4.5.201103091103/dictionary
>
> I've updated the location, to the full path, so it now has /home/
> {user}/opt/eclipse/plugins/org.cfeclipse.cfml_1.4.5.201103091103/
> dictionary
> and it works fine!
>

> Thanks for your help.

Thanks for YOUR help! I now know what's going on, and maybe even how
to fix it. :)

That was frustrating, as I couldn't reproduce it.

When I put out the next build, I may ask you to click the "restore
defaults" button on that screen to see if it correctly picks up the
right location.

:Den

--
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell

sajjan

Jan 29, 2013, 1:08:54 PM1/29/13
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I dont even see the Dictionaries option under CFEclipse>Editors!!.. Please help.. Im using CFE 1.4.4 on Windows XP