coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 8:04:32 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Hi folks

Stuck with this one since morning and need to get on with work :-(

PROBLEM:
I can't run an application that has been working fine till today
morning and I haven't changed any files. Get the following error:
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found: /
index.cfm
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:89)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:27)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke
(BrowserDebugFilter.java:74)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke
(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:
22)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service
(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter
(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:
46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke
(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch
(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable
(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable
(ThreadPool.java:320)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable
(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable
(ThreadPool.java:266)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

SOLUTION:
1) Checked for the file. It does exist, is in the right location and
has got the right permissions
2) Restarted everthing
3) I have got more sites setup on the machine. They have been setup in
Apache using Vitual Directories and they are working fine.
4) Applicaiton and browser caches have been emptied.
5) Restored backup of the application.

ENVIRONMENT
Machine: MacPro (Intel) OSX 10.5.5
Application server: Coldfusion8 32-bit
Web server: Apache2 32-bit

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 8:07:22 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried putting a different file in there and trying that?

Just put a html file in the same directory and see if you can it that. If
you can then yes something wrong with cf. If you cant then something wrong
with your setup.

Steve

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 8:14:23 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Yes, I have tried pointing it to a .html file. It displays it. CF is
working for sure as I have other websites running in CF on the same
machine and they all work fine.

Terry Sasaki

Nov 20, 2008, 8:54:38 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Didn't you rename the file temporarily, get the exception, and then
reverted it back?
My colleague did this and I cleared template/trusted cache the other day.

- but you're saying you changed nothing and emptied application cache?

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 9:31:42 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Well I created a index.html in the root folder of the application. It
displayed properly. Then I deleted it. My Apache is configured to look
for .cfm first then .htm. SO after deleting the .htm file, it looks
for .cfm. I have already cleared trusted cache using this approach:
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=88BDF4E4-50DA-0559-A023C957D70CD2EC.

Still doesn't work.

On Nov 21, 12:54 pm, "Terry Sasaki" <terry.sas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't you rename the file temporarily, get the exception, and then
> reverted it back?
> My colleague did this and I cleared template/trusted cache the other day.
>
> - but you're saying you changed nothing and emptied application cache?

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 9:56:19 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Well I created a index.html in the root folder of the application. It
displayed properly. Then I deleted it. My Apache is configured to look
for .cfm first then .htm. SO after deleting the .htm file, it looks
for .cfm. I have already cleared trusted cache using this approach:
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=88BDF4E4-50DA-0559-A023C957D70CD2EC.

Still doesn't work.

On Nov 21, 12:54 pm, "Terry Sasaki" <terry.sas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't you rename the file temporarily, get the exception, and then
> reverted it back?
> My colleague did this and I cleared template/trusted cache the other day.
>
> - but you're saying you changed nothing and emptied application cache?

Terry Sasaki

Nov 20, 2008, 9:56:28 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
According to your link reference, it seems the issue we had was fixed in 7.0.2.
For some reasons, we are still on 7.0.1 at work (grin)

You are on CF8, so unfortunately my example doesn't seem to apply :(

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 10:02:15 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Whats in the cfm file?

Just put a plan empty index.cfm file there and see if it loads.

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 10:06:57 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Well I created a index.html in the root folder of the application. It
displayed properly. Then I deleted it. My Apache is configured to look
for .cfm first then .htm. SO after deleting the .htm file, it looks
for .cfm. I have already cleared trusted cache using this approach:
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=88BDF4E4-50DA-0559-A023C957D70CD2EC.

Still doesn't work.

On Nov 21, 12:54 pm, "Terry Sasaki" <terry.sas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't you rename the file temporarily, get the exception, and then
> reverted it back?
> My colleague did this and I cleared template/trusted cache the other day.
>
> - but you're saying you changed nothing and emptied application cache?

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 10:12:29 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Steve
"Just put a plan empty index.cfm file there and see if it loads. "

Just did that but still get the same error! bummer :-( ...

On Nov 21, 2:02 pm, "Steve Onnis" <st...@cfcentral.com.au> wrote:
> Whats in the cfm file?
>
> Just put a plan empty index.cfm file there and see if it loads.

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 10:17:03 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Ok

- Put an empty Application.cfm/cfc file in there and see what happens
- Check your Application.cfm/cfc and see if there is an include in there
somewhere calling an index.cfm
- Check to see if there is a Sitewide error handler set up in the cfadmin
that might be calling something

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 10:17:32 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Steve
"Just put a plan empty index.cfm file there and see if it loads. "

Just did that but still get the same error! bummer :-( ...

On Nov 21, 2:02 pm, "Steve Onnis" <st...@cfcentral.com.au> wrote:
> Whats in the cfm file?
>
> Just put a plan empty index.cfm file there and see if it loads.

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 10:41:39 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
- Put an empty Application.cfm/cfc file in there and see what happens
- I get the following result on doing so:
coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage$NoSuchTemplateException: Could not find
the ColdFusion Component or Interface

- Check your Application.cfm/cfc and see if there is an include in
there
somewhere calling an index.cfm
- Checked Application.cfc and could not find any includes calling an
index.cfm file

- Check to see if there is a Sitewide error handler set up in the
cfadmin
that might be calling something
- Checked Sitewide Error handler is empty in CF Admin>Settings.

My question is that if the error was in CF Server then how would the
rest of my local websites display? Apart from this one, I have five
sites on my machine and they are working fine.

Also, if there were any changes that I made to my application this
morning, due to which I started to get this error, have already been
reverted as I am using a backup from yesterday and the applicaiton was
working fine yesterday. I am inclined to think it might be some files
in Apache? Thoughts people?

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 10:48:00 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
I mean put an empty Application.cfc/cfm AND an empty index.cfm

You need to make sure there isnt something deeper in the application thats
causing the error

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 10:50:20 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Just another thing

Locally, whats the URL you are calling to load the site?

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 10:56:23 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Locally, I use http:// 10.188.X.XX:81

This is setup in Apache2 httpd.conf

ServerName 10.188.3.72

<VirtualHost *:81> Site Root here </VirtualHost>

It has always worked with this setup.

Steve Onnis

Nov 20, 2008, 10:57:45 PM11/20/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
so you are not browsing the site using a subdirectory?

like

http://10.188.x.x:81/somsite/

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 11:00:31 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
No. The Apache Directive points to site www folder which has the
index.cfm. It has always worked like this.

karan

Nov 20, 2008, 11:00:47 PM11/20/08
to cfaussie
Done. Same error.

karan

Nov 21, 2008, 12:07:34 AM11/21/08
to cfaussie
Anyone got any suggestions?

Barry Beattie

Nov 21, 2008, 12:21:17 AM11/21/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
> Anyone got any suggestions?

clear the template cache in the CFIDE CF Administrator?

just guessing...

Blair McKenzie

Nov 21, 2008, 12:29:02 AM11/21/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a / CF mapping?

Steve Onnis

Nov 21, 2008, 12:35:55 AM11/21/08
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
I would be getting rid of all the files in the site and starting with just a single index.cfm file and a single application.cfm file.

I am thinking that somewhere in the application it is calling an include to an index.cfm that it cant find

Nov 21, 2008, 1:40:55 AM11/21/08
to cfaussie
Yeah..checked

On Nov 21, 4:29 pm, "Blair McKenzie" <shi...@gmail.com> wrote: