IIS7 Verify if file exists | Don't want to log files in CF application.log

www.clickfind.com.au

Feb 20, 2011, 5:43:11 AM2/20/11
to cfaussie
I am using a custom CF 404 handler to do some stuff to make the URL
look nice. I know there are better ways to do it, for now that is not
an option.

The problem is that CF logs a 404 in the application.log which it has
never done before. I'm guessing it has something to do with the option
"Verify if file exists" that used to be present in IIS6, I can't find
it anymore.

- Windows 2008
- Have a custom 404 /404.cfm in IIS7
- Don't want to log the 404 to CF application.log

URL to problem page
http://pacificfox.com/building-contractors-|-repairs-%26-maintenance/house-construction/a-g-%26-p-slape-pty-ltd.cfm?listingidentity=5915

Thanks in advance.

Kym Kovan

Feb 20, 2011, 9:47:02 PM2/20/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
On 20/02/2011 21:43, www.clickfind.com.au wrote:
> I am using a custom CF 404 handler to do some stuff to make the URL
> look nice. I know there are better ways to do it, for now that is not
> an option.
>
> The problem is that CF logs a 404 in the application.log which it has
> never done before. I'm guessing it has something to do with the option
> "Verify if file exists" that used to be present in IIS6, I can't find
> it anymore.

it changed its name.

its still in the mappings bit but is now "Request Permissions" or some
such. You can select "File Only" and then it does much the same as before.

--
Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au

Taco Fleur

Feb 20, 2011, 9:58:03 PM2/20/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
"Request Restrictions" > "invoke handler only if request is mapped to:"
yeah OK, seems I already had that ticked, so this is not the issue then.

Weird, CF never used to record the 404 in the logs, now my logs are getting bloated like crazy. I know I should be working with URL rewrite etc. but just don't have the time yet to dive into that now.

Thanks

Kind regards,
Taco Fleur
clickfind™ - The new Australian Online Marketing Platform (OMP)
http://www.onlinemarketingplatform.com.au
http://www.clickfind.com.au

Taco Fleur

Feb 20, 2011, 9:58:35 PM2/20/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
PS. this same setting does not seem to be present for the ColdFusion wildcard....

BarryC

Feb 20, 2011, 11:45:10 PM2/20/11
to cfaussie
If you are running Coldfusion 9.0.1 then they added 404 logging to a
seperate file in the coldfusion logs folder, I hadn't seen 404's being
logged into the application.log before though, so maybe there is a
setting in the CFIDE for that?
in 9.0.1 you can also disable the logging in the 404 log file by
disabling it in the logs area of CFIDE.

On Feb 21, 3:58 pm, Taco Fleur <taco.fl...@clickfind.com.au> wrote:
> PS. this same setting does not seem to be present for the ColdFusion
> wildcard....
>
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Kym Kovan <dev-li...@mbcomms.net.au>wrote:

Taco Fleur

Feb 21, 2011, 12:01:04 AM2/21/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
There is the http.log under CF Admin which I can disable, but this does not log the 404s

The 404s are showing in the application.log which (correct me if I'm wrong) has never been logged there before.

Barry Chesterman

Feb 21, 2011, 12:45:04 AM2/21/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
What do the 404 lines look like in the application.log file?
There isn't an error occurring in the 404 page itself is there?
Also, have you checked the corresponding entry in the exceptions.log file which gives a stack trace of the things that show in application.log?

Taco Fleur

Feb 21, 2011, 1:15:07 AM2/21/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
An example is

File not found: /paintball-&amp;-skirmish-games-supplies-&amp;-equipment/other-store|based-retailing-nec/skirmish-ulladulla-pty-ltd.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\production\com_pacificfox\paintball-&-skirmish-games-supplies-&-equipment\other-store|based-retailing-nec\skirmish-ulladulla-pty-ltd.cfm''

This is the exception log

1 "Error","jrpp-668","02/21/11","15:59:00",,"File not found: /scrap-metal-merchants/metal-and-mineral-wholesaling/george-thiveos-metals.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\production\com_pacificfox\scrap-metal-merchants\metal-and-mineral-wholesaling\george-thiveos-metals.cfm'' "
2 coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found: /scrap-metal-merchants/metal-and-mineral-wholesaling/george-thiveos-metals.cfm
3 at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:97)
4 at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
5 at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:79)
6 at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
7 at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
8 at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
9 at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
10 at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
11 at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
12 at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)
13 at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
14 at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
15 at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
16 at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
17 at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
18 at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
19 at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
20 at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
21 at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
22 at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
23 at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
24 at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
25 at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
26 at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
27 at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Barry Chesterman

Feb 21, 2011, 3:22:06 PM2/21/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried setting your 404 page to empty, or just a simple test message? I'm sure I've had a similar issue when my 404 page itself actually had an error it it somewhere (but I'm not 100% sure).

charlie arehart

Feb 21, 2011, 5:34:56 PM2/21/11
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Can I make an appeal against referring to the CF Admin as "the CFIDE"? :-)

No offense intended toward Barry, and I do realize how some may come to that
phrasing.

The CF Admin is indeed *in* the CFIDE/administrator/ directory, but really
the term IDE there really means what it's always meant, "Integrated
Development Environment". It goes to a time back in CF pre-history when
there was a plan for a web-based IDE, if I recall correctly. It never
happened but the CF Admin was placed there, and here we are. :-)

So I would just propose that, especially now there really is an "CF IDE"
from Adobe, CFBuilder, it seems all the more important to not refer to the
Admin as "the CFIDE". Just one person's opinion, of course.

/charlie