How to troubleshoot coldfusion.orm.mapping.CFPropertyBinder$AttributeValidationException (Table xxx defined for cfc yyy does not exist)

zabimaru

Jun 24, 2013, 3:56:28 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

How to troubleshoot this coldfusion.orm.mapping.CFPropertyBinder$AttributeValidationException exception where error like Table xxx defined for cfc yyy does not exist.
is thrown?

Nothing was changed code-wise and it just sorta happened

Seriously appreciate some enlightenment

Tried ormreload, restart cf, change datasource, restart server

Thanks

Joe Rinehart

Jun 24, 2013, 6:19:03 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
I hate to be the level one "is it plugged in" helpdesk guy, but did you check the database to make sure the table exists and there aren't any typos in the name?  Maybe copy the name of the table from the exception and paste it into "select count(*) from foo;"

-Joe

zabimaru

Jun 24, 2013, 6:44:21 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe

thanks for your respond,

i am positive we have that possibility ruled out.

some findings so far
1. it's working when we point back to a control datasource.
2. it's showing different table not exist when we change the 'this.ormsettings.cfclocation' directory

any thoughts?

Thanks

Curt Gratz

Jun 24, 2013, 6:48:15 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps a permission issues on the database.

Curt

zabimaru

Jun 24, 2013, 8:18:51 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
hi curt

thanks for your respond, unfortunately that's not the case either

on seperate note, i could do <cfquery> and dump the recrords.. so cf to db is ok.. but cf to orm to db is not ok

Curt Gratz

Jun 24, 2013, 8:43:15 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to post a stack trace.  Might be helpful.

Curt

Jun 24, 2013, 9:14:27 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like changing the mapping is your problem. What did you a) change it from and to? b) Do you need to use ormsettings.cfclocation directory?

Cheers,

Sam

zabimaru

Jun 24, 2013, 9:23:10 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam

Changing the mapping means renaming from i.e 'XYZ' to 'xyz' rite? We have not commited this kind of changes and yup we use ormsettings.cfclocation

Thanks

Kurt Wiersma

Jun 24, 2013, 9:28:41 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
I had something similar happen to me a while back. It turned out that the DBA who created the table accidentally had put a space at the end of the table name so you might want to double check that.

--Kurt

md makmur

Jun 24, 2013, 10:51:45 AM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
hi kurt

thanks for your input, i've checked, no issue with spaces

in the same ormsettings.cfclocation directory, theres also ORMinterceptor.cfc which can be detected, (no exception/error seen for that)

I resorted to just remove every cfc in the ormsettings.cfclocation directory, and then try to run 1 cfc by 1 cfc. 1 in 1 out, and it seems every cfc i tried will fail with this exception.

I have tried changing the ormsettings.cfclocation directory, move it somewhere else, still not working

Phill Nacelli

Jun 24, 2013, 3:11:56 PM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify:

1. So there were no changes at all to the code base (even changes not related to persistent orm objects) and this started happening?
2. Does anybody have access to the database directly like a DBA?
3. Do you guys have version control in place for both your codebase and any sql scripts that is executed against the db?

zabimaru

Jun 24, 2013, 5:49:17 PM6/24/13
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
hi phill and everyone

thanks for your time

the issue is solved, all is fail until we found out one of the tables were corrupted. I forgot to copy the error out but such corrupted table error can be seen when I try to select the table from workbench

I didn't found this myself, my colleague tried to check using
SELECT *
FROM information_schema.TABLES
WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = 'xxxxxx'
and he found unusual output for that one particular table

Thanks all

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:11:56 AM UTC+8, Phill Nacelli wrote:
Just to clarify:

1. So there were no changes at all to the code base (even changes not related to persistent orm objects) and this started happening? -nope
2. Does anybody have access to the database directly like a DBA? -yup
3. Do you guys have version control in place for both your codebase and any sql scripts that is executed against the db? -nope (what would you suggest? If I may ask)