Odd error - dont flush after an exception

Raymond Camden

Dec 15, 2009, 12:57:00 PM12/15/09
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
(Folks, please be sure to read the entire post....)

This one just doesn't make sense to me. I have a resourceType entity.
It has many tags. On my edit page I list out the tags. Everything is
kosher. Yet when the page is done executing, at the end, I see a CF
exception:

null id in tag entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)
org.hibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in tag entry (don't flush the
Session after an exception occurs)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.checkId(DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.java:78)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.getValues(DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.java:187)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.onFlushEntity(DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.java:143)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.flushEntities(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:219)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.flushEverythingToExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:99)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:49)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1027)

It seems to imply I ran a flush, but I didn't. It also seems to imply
some exception occurred and perhaps I ignored it - but I did not.

Ok - so I held off on sending this email because I wanted to check my
logs to see if anything additional showed up there. I opened the logs
in tail view, cleared em, returned to the browser, and now the error
has mysteriously just gone away. I'm happy it is gone - but I'd still
like to know wtf just happened.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com