Eclipse: Can't expand Ceylon source files to see what's in them

Colin Bartolome

Sep 10, 2016, 7:16:32 PM9/10/16
to ceylon-users
In Eclipse, when using the "Package Explorer" view on a Java project, I can expand Java source files and compiled class files to see what they contain, then double-click method and field names to jump right to them. When using the "Ceylon Explorer" view on a Ceylon project, I can't expand Ceylon source files. Is there a technical reason the IDE can't do that? Or has it just never been implemented? The "Outline" view shows the kind of data I'm looking for, but only after you open the file you want to look at.

Roland Tepp

Sep 26, 2016, 3:41:44 AM9/26/16
to ceylon-users
Is it a Java project that has Ceylon module dependency?

I am not certain, but it might be that Java project explorer has no concept of libraries written in any other language but Java.
Even then you'd have to point it to a source archive of that library.

Gavin King

Sep 26, 2016, 4:49:27 AM9/26/16
to ceylon-users
Just never been implemented. FTR I've never liked that feature, it annoys the hell out of me.

Colin Bartolome

Sep 27, 2016, 10:08:49 PM9/27/16
to ceylon-users
Pure Ceylon. As Gavin said, it was never implemented. It'd be cool if it were; I've always found it helpful in Java projects for browsing around in a package to see where stuff is.