Netbeans Plugin

Ben Erridge

Oct 4, 2016, 6:34:25 PM10/4/16
to ceylon-users
Is there any plans to make a ceylon plugin for Netbeans?

Bastien Jansen

Oct 5, 2016, 3:16:53 AM10/5/16
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

I started working on a plugin last year, but unfortunately none of us really have time to make it work like it should :)

If you have experience with the NetBeans platform or know someone who does, feel free to contact us!

Bastien

Le 5 oct. 2016 à 00:29, Ben Erridge <be...@cyberoblivion.com> a écrit :

Is there any plans to make a ceylon plugin for Netbeans?

Gavin King

Oct 5, 2016, 5:06:09 AM10/5/16
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com
Now that we have ceylon-ide-common, I suppose it's not a huge amount
of work to finish off a basic plugin for netbeans.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ceylon-users/F1E94A99-2420-4AD4-9223-BC04BC60B57D%40gmx.com.

Gavin King
ga...@ceylon-lang.org
http://profiles.google.com/gavin.king
http://ceylon-lang.org
http://hibernate.org
http://seamframework.org

Ben Erridge

Oct 5, 2016, 10:33:11 AM10/5/16
to ceylon-users
Netbeans is our companies IDE of choice and widely considered in the top 3 IDE's for java development.(I think it's the best :) . I would love to start using Ceylon, but I really have a distaste for Eclipse and I don't care for IntelliJ's licensing model and for it not being fully open source. Also as one of the premiere Java IDE's Netbean's user community should be very well suited to Ceylon conversion!
There's my petition for your consideration!
Thanks

Gavin King

Oct 5, 2016, 10:46:43 AM10/5/16
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com
We would definitely love to have a great IDE for NetBeans. It's just
an issue of finding the time to work on it.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ceylon-users/9b0f9da6-ba7e-42a1-9768-ec288385c022%40googlegroups.com.

Ben Erridge

Oct 5, 2016, 11:06:14 AM10/5/16
to ceylon-users
Totally understood, I know the feeling. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

P.S. Ceylon is a very exciting language great work!

Gavin King

Oct 5, 2016, 11:09:21 AM10/5/16
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com