Difference in performance between code in a local module and in imported module

Renato Athaydes

Jun 2, 2015, 4:04:40 PM6/2/15
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com
 I know this sounds crazy, but I was writing some code on a module to test functions imported from another module (both modules are from local projects I have open in the IDE).

When I ran the code to test its performance, I noticed it was running slower than I had hoped... so I copied the test code to the module where the functions are, so I could more easily try to optimize them.

The funny thing is that the exact same code, after moved, ran much faster!!

I am running the code with the Eclipse IDE...  and I ran multiple times the exact same code in the external module, and in the same module... consistently, when I run the test in the external module, it takes 260ms, and in the same module, 150ms.

Is this even possible???