Macro system

Arsenii A.

Jun 17, 2015, 1:44:41 PM6/17/15
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

I was reading Paul Graham today, and realized there can be macros in Ceylon, just as Template Haskell in Haskell. Ceylon syntax is more or less regular, and it already has typed metamodel. (And compiler modules have types representing AST, right?) So why not?

I didn’t put a lot of thought into it, and haven’t any concrete ideas to propose yet, though—only Template Haskell analogy. Maybe well-typed macros for Ceylon aren’t even possible due to some feature of its type sistem, but if it is, it would be nice! (And hard to implement, it seems :)

So what do you think?

Lucas Werkmeister

Jun 17, 2015, 5:13:31 PM6/17/15
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com