Are there any plans to integrate js-debugger in IDE and implement ceylon/js source-maps

Vitaly Banchenko

Feb 1, 2017, 5:28:22 AM2/1/17
to ceylon-users
Our back-ends implemented in Ceylon (jvm), they are already running in production.
but now we need to choose front-end language, more concise than js.
More interesting looks ceylon-js and clojuresctipt. It will be great If we can write back/front with one language.
But we afraid absent of tooling  . At this point clojurescript has awesome tooling, but lacks of static types and it is different language.

I found that 'support for source-maps' issue lives more than 4 years -> http://github.mirror.nyanye.com:3333/ceylon/ceylon/issues/2498. that's very regretfully.
For us that says that ceylon-js is not one of main goals of ceylon development.
But we want more relevant information.
What about of Ceylon-js tooling development  perspectives in short-time (in one-two years) ?
Maybe Integrating with browser debugger and source-maps implementing?

Enrique Zamudio

Feb 3, 2017, 8:21:49 PM2/3/17
to ceylon-users
Unfortunately a lot of things have gotten in the way of implementing source maps (bugfixes, new features, etc).

In the meantime I suggest writing unit tests for any Ceylon code compiled to JS, to minimize runtime problems on the browser.

Enrique Zamudio

Feb 4, 2017, 10:31:26 AM2/4/17
to ceylon-users
I forgot to say, write abd run those tests with ceylon.test for js on node.

Vitaly Banchenko

May 24, 2017, 4:38:17 AM5/24/17
to ceylon-users
Thanks for response and tips.