GSoC 2016, Support for SourceMaps, timeline

Anuar Dikhanov

Mar 25, 2016, 6:27:35 AM3/25/16
to ceylon-dev

Hello!

I would like to join the Support for SourceMaps project for GSoC 2016. I did some research on this topic. Now I have to write the proposal, but I'm stuck with the timeline. I'm wondering, if there is any help on this issue.

Thanks!

Enrique

Mar 25, 2016, 4:16:08 PM3/25/16
to ceylon-dev
We don't have a timeline set for this project, other than the one set by GSoC in general. The goal is to generate the sourcemap file to map the generated code back to the Ceylon sources. This will require keeping track of the positions of the generated code (the nodes in the source AST's already have their position).

Here's the github issue: