Ceylon pandoc converter for documentation

formalizator

Mar 31, 2016, 1:05:51 PM3/31/16
to ceylon-dev
Hi!

There is an idea to use pandoc for ceylondoc compilation. This tool allows to use markdown as it is and also allow user to use variety of standards for documentation.
In case of pandoc user is able to document some formulas like this:

This converter can also provide html pages for herd module and make cross links.
All the features we have now with markdown will stay the same. Pandoc is fully copatitable with md.

Another good feature will be custom modules for documentation.

To support this feature we should change compiler and IDE plugin.

Tom Bentley

Apr 4, 2016, 4:58:00 AM4/4/16
to ceylon-dev
To me this seems like quite a lot of work for relatively little benefit. Personally, I wouldn't want Ceylon to support a variety of standards for documentation (I assume that means a variety of syntaxes), because that would make the doc annotations harder to read than just supporting a single syntax.