what is Declaration.qualifier and where does it come from?

Gavin King

Jun 21, 2014, 6:52:11 PM6/21/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
So Declaration.equals() is now broken in the IDE because there was a
new field added to Declaration which is not initialized by the
typechecker, and that field was added to the equals() method!

We need to fix this, presumably by removing it from equals()

--
Gavin King
ga...@ceylon-lang.org

Gavin King

Jun 21, 2014, 6:53:40 PM6/21/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Stef, looks like this was you who did this.

Gavin King

Jun 21, 2014, 7:02:47 PM6/21/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Actually it looks like the issue is that there is no qualifier for a
Method parameter model coming from a CeylonBinaryUnit.

Stephane Epardaud

Jun 23, 2014, 4:18:45 AM6/23/14
to ceylon-dev
It's set by LocalDeclarationVisitor in the typechecker and the model loader, but only for local declarations.

Stéphane Épardaud

Gavin King

Jun 23, 2014, 4:40:41 AM6/23/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Apparently the model loader and typechecker disagree about what is a
"local declaration". Is a callable parameter supposed to have a
qualifier or not?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ceylon-dev/CAKU9E9uhAWsmw27mFgqAM7jrH%2BkpCbSKHf460rQs_OdnGW-sbQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Stephane Epardaud

Jun 23, 2014, 5:16:27 AM6/23/14
to ceylon-dev
Well, considering that the model loader only saves/loads qualifiers set by the typechecker, that's weird. But file an issue and I'll investigate.

Stéphane Épardaud

Gavin King

Jun 23, 2014, 6:00:40 AM6/23/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Well the problem is I have no idea who is at fault here. Perhaps it is
an IDE-specific issue? I don't know where to report it, all I want is
the bug fixed.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Stephane Epardaud
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ceylon-dev/CAKU9E9stGn6MT9s%3Dj4gtQ0YjV80p-%3Dxmwdwb8sMJPPD2CESuvQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Stephane Epardaud

Jun 23, 2014, 6:05:51 AM6/23/14
to ceylon-dev
I don't care where you report it as long as you tell me how to reproduce it;)

Stéphane Épardaud