Update in build

Stephane Epardaud

Jul 22, 2015, 4:41:50 AM7/22/15
to ceylon-dev
Hi,

I've remove the dependency on Eclipse (the application) during build for "ide" Ant targets. So you can now run "and publish ide" without messing with your PATH to include Eclipse.

This works on my machine, but is very new, so if anything breaks, let me know ASAP. If it blocks you you can always revert my `build.xml` change, they're easy to revert even manually since you need to uncomment the Eclipse calls and comment the `ceylon-p2` call.
--
Stéphane Épardaud

Gavin King

Jul 22, 2015, 5:40:15 AM7/22/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone

Julien Viet

Jul 22, 2015, 6:08:51 AM7/22/15
to Gavin King, ceylo...@googlegroups.com
looks like an improvement :-)

anyway, I’ve setup a lightweight CI for Ceylon as I was doing this manually on my machine, I found better to automate it and provide daily download of ceylon distrib + SDK + eclipse plugin that anyone can use and that provides some feedback on the ceylon-ci list .

I’ll update the daily build to get rid of eclipse download.

--
Julien Viet
Sent with Airmail

Gavin King

Jul 22, 2015, 6:27:52 AM7/22/15
to Julien Viet, ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone

Julien Viet

Jul 22, 2015, 8:17:10 AM7/22/15
to Gavin King, ceylo...@googlegroups.com
The usage steps are available from this page : https://github.com/vietj/ceylon-daily

--
Julien Viet
Sent with Airmail

Bastien Jansen

Jul 22, 2015, 8:20:38 AM7/22/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
I’ll definitely submit a pull request to include the intellij plugin :D

Stephane Gallès

Jul 22, 2015, 3:49:47 PM7/22/15
to ceylon-dev

Stephane,
First, cool, this build without Eclipse is a very nice improvement.
But you have something that picks up the encoding of the platform, and on Windows it doesn't go well.

[ceylon-p2] javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: Underlying stream encoding 'Cp1252' and input paramter for writeStartDocument() method 'UTF-8' do not
 match
.
[ceylon-p2]     at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeStartDocument(XMLStreamWriterImpl.java:1191)
[ceylon-p2]     at com.redhat.ceylon.tools.p2.IndentingWriter.writeStartDocument(IndentingWriter.java:193)
[ceylon-p2]     at com.redhat.ceylon.tools.p2.CeylonP2Tool.printArtifacts(CeylonP2Tool.java:748)
[ceylon-p2]     at com.redhat.ceylon.tools.p2.CeylonP2Tool.run(CeylonP2Tool.java:132)
[ceylon-p2]     at com.redhat.ceylon.common.tools.CeylonTool.run(CeylonTool.java:390)
[ceylon-p2]     at com.redhat.ceylon.common.tools.CeylonTool.execute(CeylonTool.java:327)

I had to force the file encoding to UTF8 make the build work.
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

Julien Viet

Jul 22, 2015, 4:16:44 PM7/22/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, Bastien Jansen
looking forward to it, Intellij is my favourite IDE and I’ve been quite frustrated to not have Ceylon support yet.

--
Julien Viet
Sent with Airmail