String fields for dependencies in module_.clas?

27 vues

Tako Schotanus

non lue,
28 mars 2015, 09:11:3628/03/2015
à ceylon-dev
Can anyone explain to me why we add a `String` field of the form:

    public static final .java.lang.String mypkg$myimport= null;

for each dependency in a module descriptor?

Thanks,
-Tako

Tom Bentley

non lue,
28 mars 2015, 09:45:5728/03/2015
à ceylon-dev
Yes, I can.

For metamodel purposes we need to be able to obtain the annotations on a module import at runtime. Those fields are added simply to hang java annotations from, which is not exactly ideal, but seemed the least worst thing to do at the time.

Tako Schotanus

non lue,
28 mars 2015, 11:07:3628/03/2015
à ceylo...@googlegroups.com