Would like to help out

kv

Jun 24, 2014, 9:54:07 PM6/24/14
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Came across Ceylon project today and the language got me really interested. I would like to help out in way of bug fixes etc.. Went through the bug list and thought could start with #1698. Can someone please provide more info so I can start working on this one? Thanks.

Tom Bentley

Jun 25, 2014, 4:46:52 AM6/25/14
to ceylon-dev
Hi,

The general workflow is:

1. The first thing to do is to clone the repositories and try to build a distribution (there's some documentation here: http://ceylon-lang.org/code/contribute/). This is actually quite hard at the moment because there's quite a lot of changes happening right now, so don't be put off if it take a while.
2. Once you've done that you can create a test case alongside the other ceylondoc test cases, which should fail right now.
3. Then you can try to fix the bug, so that the test case passes.
4. Then you can submit a pull request on github.

HTH,

Tom

On 25 June 2014 02:54, kv <kunal...@quaddimension.biz> wrote:
Hi All,

Came across Ceylon project today and the language got me really interested. I would like to help out in way of bug fixes etc.. Went through the bug list and thought could start with #1698. Can someone please provide more info so I can start working on this one? Thanks.

Stephane Epardaud

Jun 25, 2014, 4:59:33 AM6/25/14
to ceylon-dev
That's a great idea, and this bug should be tractable for a new contributor :) If you need any interactive help we're all on IRC #ceylonlang on FreeNode.

Stéphane Épardaud