Java to Ceylon Converter

Rohit Mohan

Aug 27, 2015, 10:53:29 AM8/27/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, ceylon...@googlegroups.com
The Java to Ceylon converter that I have been working on as my GSoC project is now part of the Ceylon IDE (Both Eclipse and IntelliJ). It can be found at https://github.com/ceylon/ceylon.tool.converter.java2ceylon and is now required to build the IDE. It can also be used as a Ceylon command line plugin.

The converter does have some limitations though. Some of them are:
  • The java code that has to be converted has to be a complete java file. Code snippets do not work as of now.
  • The converted code is not formatted.
  • Overloading is not supported. This has to be handled manually after conversion.
  • Implicit type casting and lambda expressions do not work.
  • Array declarations that are like {1, 2, 3} do not work.
The converter in the IDE can be found in Source -> Paste Java as Ceylon

If there are any other bugs/incorrect conversions please open an issue at https://github.com/ceylon/ceylon.tool.converter.java2ceylon/issues

Regards

Rohit Mohan

Stephane Epardaud

Sep 2, 2015, 6:17:12 AM9/2/15
to ceylon-dev
Congrats!

That's great news, thanks a lot for the hard work, man!

Cheers.

Stéphane Épardaud