Async/Await functionality

Vitaly Banchenko

Oct 21, 2016, 4:30:12 AM10/21/16
to ceylon-dev
Is there are plans to implement such functionality as async/await in Ceylon ?
It looks nice and so clear and readable approach to write asynchronous apps.

Gavin King

Oct 21, 2016, 4:31:47 AM10/21/16
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
It's something we would definitely love to add. But we're not working
on it at this time.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ceylon-dev/b2d2ac9b-d267-419a-a521-a4c285d0082b%40googlegroups.com.

Gavin King
ga...@ceylon-lang.org
http://profiles.google.com/gavin.king
http://ceylon-lang.org
http://hibernate.org
http://seamframework.org

Roland Tepp

Oct 25, 2016, 7:24:40 AM10/25/16
to ceylon-dev
This is my personal opinion, so it has no bearing on the Ceylon future.

The async/await syntax sounds nice and clean, until you realize that the async keyword is extremely greedy.
Once you use async in your function/method, the whole function become async and cannot be directly called from any synchronous code.

At least this is how it seems to be working in C#