IMPORTANT: Pilot will be in a read-only mode on Wednesday, September 21st

Pierre Phaneuf

Sep 15, 2016, 4:26:05 PM9/15/16
to certificate-transparency
This Wednesday, September 21st, we will perform maintenance on
ct.googleapis.com/pilot. The goal of maintenance is to improve both
the performance and reliability of this log.

During the maintenance window the log will be in a read-only mode and
as such it will not be possible to make add-chain or add-pre-chain
calls.

We expect the maintenance period to last between 6 and 10 hours.
During this time we recommend you use ct.googleapis.com/aviator or
ct.googleapis.com/rocketeer for logging.

In accordance with the Chrome Log Policy we measure availability in a
90 day moving window. At this time Pilot's current observed
availability is 99.977%. We expect that even with this maintenance
window the log will be well within the policy's allowed unavailability
(a bit over 21 hours before Pilot would be found in breach of the
policy).

We realize that knowing Pilot's current and historic availability
makes it easier to plan maintenance, but we're happy to provide
details upon request to any log operators to assist in their
operations planning.

The Certificate Transparency Team