Invalid Request response on adding Pre-Certificate chain

Deeps

Aug 6, 2018, 4:51:21 AM8/6/18
to certificate-transparency
Dear Team,

   We have added the root certificate to the testtube and when we signed leaf cert with root and requested through add-chain we are able to receive the valid response. But when we created pre certificate with Poison OID as per RFC we are receiving Invalid Request for add-pre-chain. (But the same precertificate works with add-chain api).

Please find the pre-certificate signed with root. Kindly let us know are we missing anything.

We have signed the pre certificate directly by Root and not by any dedicated pre certificate CA

Thanks.
leaf_precert.txt

Deeps

Aug 6, 2018, 5:28:58 AM8/6/18
to certificate-transparency
Sorry for the query. We found the POISON OID extension used was not set to critical and it has been resolved.

Thanks :)

K T

Aug 7, 2018, 5:27:46 PM8/7/18
to certificate-transparency
> added the root certificate to the testtube

How did you do this? What's the testtube?

David Drysdale

Aug 8, 2018, 2:33:57 AM8/8/18
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Testtube is one of a set of public test logs that Google runs, to help CAs test the CT part of their issuance process.   To use it, just create a root certificate that complies with the rules and send a request to add it to google-...@googlegroups.com -- we normally add it within a few days.

Hope that helps,
David

K T

Aug 8, 2018, 5:30:13 PM8/8/18