Randomly, CT log server response takes more than 60s

David Fernandez

May 26, 2016, 10:54:48 AM5/26/16
to certificate-transparency
Hi all,
After installing and configuring the sources from GitHub, I've noticed some strange behaviour after monitoring it.
Sometimes requests (just get-sth) responses last more than 60s....while the rest are served in milliseconds. Usually clients time-out is shorter than this, but if not, I see that in this cases, responses took just 60s and some milliseconds.
Looking to the web server logs, I can also see that this errors take place once every 5 minutes (more or less):
(70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client ip:port] AH01110: error reading response.
And if any request arrives at that very moment, the answer  tooks 60s.
And all of this regardless the amount of requests (the same behaviour  with 500 req/s or only monitoring)
I would like to know if this could be related to some of the flags of the ct server, mainly with:
  • -connection_pool_max_unused_age_seconds
  • -url_fetcher_max_conn_per_host_port
  • -num_http_server_threads

Regards,

Pierre Phaneuf

May 26, 2016, 12:27:21 PM5/26/16
to certificate-transparency
Is there any strange log message on the server side when that happens?

Maybe try running with --v=1 for extra verbosity, but that will make
the analysis more difficult...