Design doc for the opensource log/mirror

Al Cutter

Jul 22, 2015, 5:30:09 AM7/22/15
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just thought I'd highlight that an initial cut of the log & mirror design doc is now checked in to the repo[1]; I know a few people were interested in this and had asked about it previously.

Do let me know if there are areas you feel need clarification or augmentation.

Cheers,
Al.

Nick Cullen

Sep 28, 2015, 3:58:25 PM9/28/15
to certificate-transparency
Al,

"Directory of incoming certificates, keyed by their SHA256 hash."

The SHA256 hash is highly unlikely to collide, but it is not impossible. What happens to the system in the unlikely event that two different certificates experience a hash collision.

Regards,
Nick

Tom Ritter

Sep 28, 2015, 8:11:50 PM9/28/15
On 28 September 2015 at 08:59, Nick Cullen <nick.a...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Al,
>
> "Directory of incoming certificates, keyed by their SHA256 hash."
>
> The SHA256 hash is highly unlikely to collide, but it is not impossible.
> What happens to the system in the unlikely event that two different
> certificates experience a hash collision.

You get a nice publication out of it.

-tom
Message has been deleted