Getting "400 Bad Request from log server" when using ct-submit

flex zone

Apr 28, 2016, 6:49:38 PM4/28/16
to certificate-transparency
Hello,

I'm trying to submit my certificatechain to some log servers but getting this error:

unexpected status 400 Bad Request from log server:

{ "error_message": "could not verify certificate chain", "success": false }

I'm using LetsEncrypt and trying to post the fullchain.pem but get the same error when trying only with the cert.pem. The log servers that give me this error is log.certly.ioct.izenpe.com and ct1.digicert-ct.com/log. Googles servers work just fine.

What am i doing wrong here? Or what may cause this issue?

Thanks!

Graham Edgecombe

May 5, 2016, 1:24:45 PM5/5/16
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 02:43:27PM -0700, flex zone wrote:
> I'm trying to submit my certificatechain to some log servers but getting
> this error:
>
> *unexpected status 400 Bad Request from log server:*
>
> *{ "error_message": "could not verify certificate chain", "success": false
> }*

Logs only accept submissions of certificates that chain up to one of
their accepted roots. You can use the /ct/v1/get-roots endpoint to get a
list of the root certs a log accepts.

In your case I suspect that the IdenTrust root certificate, which Let's
Encrypt certs chain up to, is not accepted by the logs you are having
problems with.

Graham
signature.asc