Wrong base64 log id on website

Kurt Roeckx

Mar 15, 2017, 4:47:40 PM3/15/17
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
The website currently shows:
ctlog.gdca.com.cn
Base64 Log ID: kkow+Qkzb/Q11pk6EKx1osZBco5/wtZZrmGI/61AzgE=

But that doesn't seem to match what is in the list of all logs,
which shows:
{
"description": "GDCA log",
"key":
"MFkwEwYHKoZIzj0CAQYIKoZIzj0DAQcDQgAEW0rHAbd0VLpAnEN1lD+s77NxVrjT4nuuobE+U6qXM6GCu19dHAv6hQ289+Wg4CLwoInZCn9fJpTTJOOZLuQVjQ==",
"url": "ctlog.gdca.com.cn",
"maximum_merge_delay": 86400,
"operated_by": [10]
},

When I calculate the it I get
yc+JCiEQnGZswXo+0GXJMNDgE1qf66ha8UIQuAckIao=

Kurt

Kat Joyce

Mar 16, 2017, 3:25:32 AM3/16/17
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kurt

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Kurt Roeckx <ku...@roeckx.be> wrote:
The website currently shows:
ctlog.gdca.com.cn
Base64 Log ID: kkow+Qkzb/Q11pk6EKx1osZBco5/wtZZrmGI/61AzgE=

But that doesn't seem to match what is in the list of all logs,
which shows:
    {
      "description": "GDCA log",
      "key":
"MFkwEwYHKoZIzj0CAQYIKoZIzj0DAQcDQgAEW0rHAbd0VLpAnEN1lD+s77NxVrjT4nuuobE+U6qXM6GCu19dHAv6hQ289+Wg4CLwoInZCn9fJpTTJOOZLuQVjQ==",
      "url": "ctlog.gdca.com.cn",
      "maximum_merge_delay": 86400,
      "operated_by": [10]
    },

I believe you have slightly confused the two GDCA logs, as the Log ID for this log is, in fact, "kkow+Qkzb/Q11pk6EKx1osZBco5/wtZZrmGI/61AzgE="

When I calculate the it I get
yc+JCiEQnGZswXo+0GXJMNDgE1qf66ha8UIQuAckIao=

That being said, this is the Log ID for the other GDCA log, the description for which is

{
      "description": "Wang Shengnan GDCA log",
      "key": "MFkwEwYHKoZIzj0CAQYIKoZIzj0DAQcDQgAErQ8wrZ55pDiJJlSGq0FykG/7yhemrO7Gn30CBexBqMdBnTJJrbA5vTqHPnzuaGxg0Ucqk67hQPQLyDU8HQ9l0w==",
      "url": "ct.gdca.com.cn",
      "maximum_merge_delay": 86400,
      "operated_by": [8]
},

and you are right in saying that the Log ID that is displayed for this log on the known-logs page is incorrect, and is, in fact the Log ID you quoted above.

I have now made a change to the known-logs page of the website.  Please check that you agree with the change made, and verify that the information is now correct.

We are in the process of changing it over so that both the known-logs page of the website and the json files that can be downloaded from it will be generated from our internal verified list of log metadata that we mentioned during the log-lifecycle discussion at the CT Policy days.  Once this work is completed, inconsistencies like this should not occur.

Apologies for the error, and thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Kat

Kurt