Stripping Down the Log

Omolola Olamide

Apr 24, 2018, 12:46:26 PM4/24/18
to certificate-transparency
Hi, I am doing a bit of research with CT logs. I want to strip the LOG down to just the Merkle tree library and the classes to add the certificate, query the log and receive the audit proofs. Please, can you point me to the necessary files or classes for this? I read the code but it seems a bit confusing.

Thank you for your time.

Pierre Phaneuf

Apr 24, 2018, 1:13:36 PM4/24/18
to certificate-transparency
Which version of the code are you referring to? The older C++
implementation, or the newer Trillian based implementation?
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:46 PM Omolola Olamide <omolola...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Omolola Olamide

Apr 25, 2018, 2:47:19 AM4/25/18
to certificate-transparency
I am referring to the older C++ implementation. But I am willing to work with the newer implementation if it does the job easier

wrote:

> Hi, I am doing a bit of research with CT logs. I want to strip the LOG
down to just the Merkle tree library and the classes to add the
certificate, query the log and receive the audit proofs. Please, can you
point me to the necessary files or classes for this? I read the code but it
seems a bit confusing.

> Thank you for your time.

Pierre Phaneuf

Apr 25, 2018, 3:22:45 PM4/25/18
to certificate-transparency
OK, I should be able to answer questions about the C++ implementation, no
worries. :-)

So it depends a bit on how much stripping down you're wanting to do?

A good point to start with is probably cpp/server/handler.cc, which has the
handlers for the HTTP requests, parsing out the parameters, and calls the
various internals? The code that's in there isn't very interesting
(validating parameters, etc), but it's easy to follow and match up what
goes with what code.

https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency/blob/master/cpp/server/handler.cc

Some of the handlers are fairly straightforward, like the get-sth one, the
add-chain/add-prechain ones are complicated enough that they are in a
separate file (certificate_handler.cc), next to it...

email to certificate-transp...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/certificate-transparency/e0e1536d-7226-4921-85a1-d13bc7fe9ba7%40googlegroups.com