Certificate Issuance Notifications?

Lester Waters

Jan 22, 2017, 2:48:51 PM1/22/17
to certificate-transparency
One gap in the proposal is a standardized notification system when a certificate is issued. Obviously, one could pay for a service to monitor for certificate issuing and/or to access the various certificate registries which are unlikely to be free, except for the verification that a specific certificate is listed (or possibly revoked). Ideally, the issuer (by way of convention) sends a (digitally signed?) email notification to a well-known email address at the primary domain for which the certificate is issued (e.g., certificate-notices@domain).  It would be a one-time email courtesy of the issuing Certificate Authority.  Just a thought.

Josh Small

Feb 5, 2017, 3:37:18 AM2/5/17

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:48:51 AM UTC+11, Lester Waters wrote:
which are unlikely to be free,

The SSL Certificate Issuance Monitoring service (first Google hit for that phrase) I launched a while back is and always will be free. The competing tool just launched by Facebook is also as far as I'm aware free.

Jeremy Rowley

Feb 5, 2017, 11:53:15 AM2/5/17
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Digicert also has a monitoring service. You have to sign up for an account, but the sign up is free. I suspect most monitoring services will be run by cas and will likely be fee.

Rob Stradling

Feb 6, 2017, 3:50:49 PM2/6/17
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Ditto for CertSpotter (free email notifications for up to 5 domains -
https://sslmate.com/certspotter/pricing).

Ditto for crt.sh (free Atom feeds for any crt.sh query).
> <mailto:certificate-transp...@googlegroups.com>.
>
> --

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist