make audit request

gnebs...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 4:26:13 AM11/5/14
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I would like to implement the audit : retrieve merkle audit proof from log by leaf hash : proof-by-hash in java.
According to the recommendation of the rfc 6269:

Inputs: hash: A base64-encoded v1 leaf hash. tree_size: The tree_size of the tree on which to base the proof, in decimal.

My main concern is about actually the input:   So the input is : .  When i retrieve the entries of the log server , i got the following  json format:

{ "entries": [ { "leaf_input": LEAFINPUT_XXX,  "extra_data": XXX}]}

Inputs hash is then  :Base64(hash(LEAFINPUT_XXX)).  However  i got an exception on the log server: segmentation fault. I would like to know whether my request is correct

Eran Messeri

Nov 5, 2014, 4:58:05 AM11/5/14
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If I understand correctly the issue is that the get-proof-by-hash parameters you send to the server make it crash.
Can you send a dump of the request you send to the server so we can help you debug? (You can get this by running 'tcpdump tcp port 80 -w request.pcap).
Are you using the leaf_input you get from get-entries? If so, you're right in base64-encoding it's hash, but it should be hashed after being prefixed with 0x00 (See section 2.1 of the RFC and note what the Python client does).

Eran

gnebs...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 10:53:16 AM11/5/14
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
Yes, i use the leaf_input from the entries. I  appended the prefix(0x00) converted to bytes array  ,  the new request is  Base64(hash(concatenate(0x00.tobytesarray, LEAFINPUTXXX.tobytesarray))), still got the same error  :3106 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) on the server side. I attached my pcap file.
request.pcap

Eran Messeri

Feb 23, 2015, 4:20:12 PM2/23/15
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for not replying earlier - a few of my colleagues are working on a new version of the CT server. I suggest testing this against the new version of the open-source CT server as the old one is unmaintained.