Optimize a single parameter at a time

Isaac Gerg

Oct 3, 2015, 6:08:11 PM10/3/15
to Ceres Solver
Is there a clever way to make ceres optimize one parameter at a time aside from creating a problem over and over again and making all the other parameters const and then loop through the entire parameter list like this?

Isaac

Sameer Agarwal

Oct 3, 2015, 6:09:32 PM10/3/15
to Ceres Solver
you do not have to create the problem everytime, just change the constancy of each parameter and calling solve on it.

Sameer

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM Isaac Gerg <isaac...@gergltd.com> wrote:
Is there a clever way to make ceres optimize one parameter at a time aside from creating a problem over and over again and making all the other parameters const and then loop through the entire parameter list like this?

Isaac

Isaac Gerg

Oct 4, 2015, 9:06:25 AM10/4/15
to Ceres Solver
I originally thought this but recall seeing a post where I thought it was a bad idea to do this. Looking back, I see where I interpreted the question incorrectly.  Thanks Sameer.