how to regularized nonlinear least squares?

Wei Guo

Jul 4, 2016, 10:34:31 AM7/4/16
to Ceres Solver
  The energy has a fitting item and regularized item such as :
    || f(theta ) ||^2 + w || theta || ^2
   Where theta is a multi variable parameter.
    How to solve this problem using  ceres solver?

Thanks,

Sameer Agarwal

Jul 4, 2016, 11:02:48 AM7/4/16
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Wei,
Have you had a look at the ceres solver tutorial?

Sameer

Wei Guo

Jul 4, 2016, 10:26:55 PM7/4/16
to Ceres Solver
 Yes, I read it. I don't know how to deal with the regularized item.  Do I treat it as a function F(x) = x?

Sameer Agarwal

Jul 4, 2016, 10:46:23 PM7/4/16
to Ceres Solver

Yes. Or if you have a multiplier lambda in which case f(x)=sqrt(lambda)x.

hwdo...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 9:54:55 PM2/6/17
to Ceres Solver
Should I weighting to the number of observations?  Suppose the number of observations is m,the number of theta is n.  I use w1 and w2 to weight the two terms. the formula is:
    w1/(2m) *sum_i(||f(xi,yi, theta||^2) + w2/n *||theta||^2

 Where these {(xi,yi)} are observations. when m become larger, the result become bad. What's the problem?

Sameer Agarwal

Feb 7, 2017, 12:03:24 AM2/7/17
to Ceres Solver
I am not sure I understand your question.
Sameer