Sphinx executable not found with cmake 3.2

Philipp Hübner

May 29, 2015, 8:18:57 AM5/29/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems to me that with cmake 3.2.2 (instead of 3.0.2) ceres solver fails to find the sphinx executable,
which hasn't changed and is /usr/bin/sphinx-build.

These are the relevant lines from the log:

[...]
-- Building Ceres as a shared library.
-- Enabling CERES_USE_OPENMP in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_HAVE_PTHREAD in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_HAVE_RWLOCK in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_TR1_UNORDERED_MAP in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_TR1_MEMORY_HEADER in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_TR1_SHARED_PTR in Ceres config.h
-- Enabling CERES_USING_SHARED_LIBRARY in Ceres config.h
-- Documentation building is enabled
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138 (message):
  Could NOT find Sphinx (missing: SPHINX_EXECUTABLE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.2/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:374 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindSphinx.cmake:64 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  docs/source/CMakeLists.txt:1 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Help greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Philipp

Alex Stewart

May 30, 2015, 11:15:14 AM5/30/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Philipp,

I can’t replicate this issue on OS X, albeit with 2.8.12.2 & 3.2.2, I assume you are running some version of Debian?  FindSphinx is pretty basic, and there aren’t any changes between CMake 3.0 & 3.2.2 that should break it.

I take it you are starting from a clean build directory for Ceres after updating CMake?  I would expect you to see some other warnings / errors related to a CMake version mismatch if this was not the case, but if not then perhaps this might be due to some old CMake cache data.

-Alex

Philipp Huebner

May 31, 2015, 6:09:15 AM5/31/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On 30.05.2015 17:15, Alex Stewart wrote:
> I can’t replicate this issue on OS X, albeit with 2.8.12.2 & 3.2.2, I
> assume you are running some version of Debian? FindSphinx is pretty
> basic, and there aren’t any changes between CMake 3.0 & 3.2.2 that
> should break it.
>
> I take it you are starting from a clean build directory for Ceres after
> updating CMake? I would expect you to see some other warnings / errors
> related to a CMake version mismatch if this was not the case, but if not
> then perhaps this might be due to some old CMake cache data.

I'm using git-buildpackage with pbuilder/cowbuilder on Debian Sid, this
means I'm using a clean Debian chroot each time I attempt to build the
debian package I created.
But something's wrong with that combination at the moment.

For comparison I tried building on my own system without
pbuilder/cowbuilder, and it works like it should (and did before).

So you were right that it has nothing to do with cmake (or ceres solver).

Thanks!
--
.''`. Philipp Huebner <deba...@debian.org>
: :' : pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225 3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F

signature.asc