How are computed the initial cost , result cost and the cost in general ?

armoi...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 4:18:27 PM1/23/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
How are computed the costs: "Initial cost" and "final cost" ?

In Matlab, i computed the residual error using 2 programs coming from 2 programmers (i am on of them!) and the result is the same.
But the matlab result differs significantly from the cost computed in Ceres.

Armand
Many thanks

Sameer Agarwal

Jan 23, 2015, 4:23:18 PM1/23/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
http://ceres-solver.org/nnls_tutorial.html

equation one is the expression for the cost returned by ceres.
are you accounting for the factor 1/2?

Sameer

armoi...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 8:21:45 PM1/23/15
to ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sameer,
I have found the relation between the ceres result and my matlab result.
Very Best Regards
Armand