Building ceres with Windows Subsystem for Linux

已查看 67 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

arrigo

未读,
2017年6月9日 14:48:352017/6/9
收件人 Ceres Solver
All,

like most Windows user I have always struggled to build Ceres, especially with suitesparse support. Recently I was able to build Ceres in the Windows Subsystem for Linux for Windows 10 (also known as Bash for Windows) and I have been very happy with the result. This is essentially an application and a device driver that translate all the linux kernel system calls into windows system calls. The actual coverage is not 100% but it seems that what you need to run gcc is working pretty well. The main advantage over an Ubuntu instance running in a Windows virtual machine is the much lower load to the OS.
If you want to know more you can find more details here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about

Disclaimer: I am a Microsoft employee ;)

Thanks ,

-Arrigo

Keir Mierle

未读,
2017年6月9日 15:03:012017/6/9
收件人 ceres-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arrigo,

This is great! Would you be willing to contribute to the Ceres documentation about this approach? None of the main Ceres authors use Windows regularly so that part of the documentation hasn't had the attention it deserves. We'd love to have a new section added to the official docs describing the WSL approach; this would help other users who have difficulty building on Windows.

Thanks,
Keir

回复全部
回复作者