Quadratic Programming Problems with Constraints Ax <= b

Andrew Hundt

Jun 8, 2017, 7:47:46 PM6/8/17
to Ceres Solver
I was looking at the constraint support, and I was wondering if ceres can efficiently solve QP problems with a matrix based constraint? If not, would such an implementation be a dramatic departure from what's already present, or perhaps it is on a roadmap?

minx12F(x)2

s.t. Ax = b

  • Equality : A x = b
  • Inequality : A x <= u
  • GenInequality i.e. l <= A x <= u

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sameer Agarwal

Jun 8, 2017, 7:49:51 PM6/8/17
to Ceres Solver
Andrew,
Ceres can't do this right now. I'd like to add support for constraints like this, but I have not been able to find the time to do it.
Sameer

Andrew Hundt

Jun 8, 2017, 7:51:27 PM6/8/17
to Ceres Solver
formatting didn't work... equation was supposed to be:

min||F(x)||^2
w.r.t. x
s.t. Ax = b

Sameer Agarwal

Jun 8, 2017, 7:53:08 PM6/8/17
to Ceres Solver
Unfortunately the answer remains the same :/

Andrew Hundt

Jun 8, 2017, 8:03:28 PM6/8/17
to Ceres Solver
haha sorry I didn't realize you'd replied so fast!

Consider this a vote for Ceres QP. :-)

Thanks!