Penalizing higher terms in residual

M Demir

Jul 25, 2017, 4:04:47 PM7/25/17
to Ceres Solver
I am working on pose graph optimization problem and I have 3d pose error term function which calculates residual which is the error between two poses. I want to penalize higher error values with exponentially increasing penalty. I think, ceres uses L2 norm to calculate norm of the residual. Can I use higher norms? I am wondering what is the correct way of doing this?

Sameer Agarwal

Jul 25, 2017, 4:32:40 PM7/25/17
to Ceres Solver
the input to the loss function is the l2 norm, you can take it to any power you like.