ceres-solver install and build using Homebrew on Mac OS

yongzh...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2017, 7:32:24 PM4/3/17
to Ceres Solver
Dear friends,

I met an issue similar as the one Robert asked before. I tried to install/build ceres-sovler on OX El Capitan(10.11.6). It seemed that neither `brew install homebrew/science/ceres-solver` nor `brew tap homebrew/science` work for me.

$ brew install homebrew/science/ceres-solver
Updating Homebrew...
Error: No available formula with the name "homebrew/science/ceres-solver"
==> Searching for a previously deleted formula...
Error: No previously deleted formula found.
==> Searching for similarly named formulae...
Error: No similarly named formulae found.
==> Searching taps...
Error: No formulae found in taps.

$ brew tap homebrew/science
$ brew install ceres-solver
Error: No available formula with the name "ceres-solver"
==> Searching for a previously deleted formula...
Error: No previously deleted formula found.
==> Searching for similarly named formulae...
Error: No similarly named formulae found.
==> Searching taps...
Error: No formulae found in taps.

Actually I got the following information when I executed  `$ brew tap homebrew/science`
Updating Homebrew...

==> Tapping homebrew/science
Cloning into '/usr/local/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-science'...
remote: Counting objects: 687, done.
remote: Total 687 (delta 0), reused 52 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (687/687), 626.78 KiB | 278.00 KiB/s, done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Tapped 669 formulae (705 files, 2.0MB)

And I did see the file ceres-solver.rb in the directory '/usr/local/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-science' thus I cannot understand the reason why brew complained no such a formula.

Many Thanks for any help,
-Yongzhi

Sameer Agarwal

Apr 4, 2017, 1:17:27 AM4/4/17
to Ceres Solver
Yongzhi,
This question is likely better suited for the homebrew folks.
Sameer

yongzh...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2017, 2:44:09 PM4/4/17
to Ceres Solver
Hello Sameer,

You are right. I solved this issue by re-install homebrew. Thank you so much for your prompt hint and help!

Best Regards,
-Yongzhi