Constraints not exactly as what I wanted

Tianwei Shen

Feb 1, 2016, 2:51:04 AM2/1/16
to Ceres Solver
First of all, thanks for this great project. I am using it to solve a least square problem with bounded constraints. However, I've found that the parameters may not be exactly what I wanted. For example, I set a lower bound and a upper bound on constraint a:

        problem.SetParameterLowerBound(&a, 0, -5);
        problem.SetParameterUpperBound(&a, 0, 5);

Then the a I got would not be exactly in the range of [-5, 5], but close to it (like 6.1971). It is how ceres-solver is designed to be, or I made some mistakes in the program? Thanks.

Sameer Agarwal

Feb 1, 2016, 7:35:20 AM2/1/16
to Ceres Solver

That should not happen. If you can share an example or a verbosity 3 log that would be a start.

For the latter pass -logtostderr -v=3 to your program.