Slicer torture test

Ethan Dicks

Apr 2, 2014, 10:24:47 AM4/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Anyone see this?

http://solidoodletips.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/slicer-torture-test/

Looks like some very good comparisons of one slicer to another.
Personally, I've only used Skeinforge with ReplicatorG on old
MakerBots, and Slic3r with Repetier Host on the IC3D RepRap, but I'd
love to hear anyone else compare this guy's results with their own
experiences. I'm especially amazed at how much the slicing engine
affected the arch in the MAKE test part.

-ethan

Larry Knopp

Apr 4, 2014, 5:54:24 PM4/4/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I did read that some time back.

Really good comparison.
But, of course, every slicer has been updated (numerous times for some!) since then.
Would be interesting to see it done again with the "latest and greatest".

And, for reference, I'm still using Slic3r 0.98
Have played with KISS, but never got it configured well enough to actually use.  I may have to go get the latest and try again...

-ethan