ohio kickstarter

nickythegreek

Apr 5, 2014, 11:19:28 AM4/5/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Just backed this kickstarted and noticed that it is being done from some ohio people.  They put 1 model up on thingiverse for free to drive traffic to the kickstarter.  Pretty smart idea, it hooked me!

Scott D

Jun 13, 2014, 11:03:13 PM6/13/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Even though this kickstarter is over you can still but them at 3DKitBash.com and support local Ohioans.

This is a video showing the prints that were brought in last meeting. Almost all of them were from this kickstarter that nick mentioned in the thread. Thanks to Nick for bringing his in also.
http://youtu.be/xydxFZ_SxBE

This is another video of just the skull I printed out.
http://youtu.be/2273s8SWmoc

And pictures of the 50 micron print I did with the raven skull scaled down 56% in size.
After a few adjustments to the slicing for temperature slow down at the tip of the beek it came out great. I will say the first one I did was a big failure because of the scaling down of the model size.
I decided to re-slice it and have the active cooling fan turn on at the 4th layer after all solid layers were done printing since it was failing at the small bones after the base. It helped a lot with those small parts.This model was designed to print with the beek being the top of the model. I think it came out pretty good.

More on the 50 micron print can be seen:
http://www.thingiverse.com/make:79570

Full size with acetone washing I did can be found:
http://www.thingiverse.com/make:79768
I put more pictures here since Google can't figure out how to resize photos for us :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/_scottd/sets/72157644905990316

Original size model can be found on thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:289987

Others skull can also be found by the people who created this one on:
http://3dkitbash.com