Meeting Reminder: Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 7P-10P

Ethan Dicks

Dec 6, 2015, 8:53:45 PM12/6/15
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Greetings, Local Makers!

This month marks our *sixth* anniversary of monthly meetups.
We started with two CupCakes and a Ponoko Darwin at the
former, former home of the Columbus Idea Foundry, back at
its home on Leonard Ave, December, 2009. We are
celebrating with light snacks and the annual ornament contest.

The basic categories are:
o Best FDM (filament) pre-printed ornament
o Best FDM ornament printed at the meetup
o Best SLA (stereolithography) ornament

For the snack table, cookies, chips, soda, even beer are all
good contributions.

As always, the meetups are free and open to all with an
interest in the field.

If you can't bring a bot, bring a friend and show them
what 3D Printing is all about.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 7P-10P
Columbus Idea Foundry
421 W State St
Columbus, OH, 43215

Ryan Plumley

Dec 8, 2015, 10:32:02 AM12/8/15
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Here's to 6 more years!  Sorry, I've been busy down here and won't be able to make it up.

At some point I'd still like to get that cupcake fully operational again. At that point I remember stocking up on spare extruder parts on an almost weekly basis + hand re-winding the nichrome heater wire.  Also, the first parts.... I recall looking a lot better than the reality.

Ethan Dicks

Dec 8, 2015, 2:16:48 PM12/8/15
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Ryan Plumley <rplu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's to 6 more years! Sorry, I've been busy down here and won't be able
> to make it up.

We'll miss you. I'll hang up your ornament from a few years back on
the CIF tree.

> At some point I'd still like to get that cupcake fully operational again. At
> that point I remember stocking up on spare extruder parts on an almost
> weekly basis + hand re-winding the nichrome heater wire.

My own CupCake also needs a little TLC (new heater winding).

> Also, the first parts.... I recall looking a lot better than the reality.

Six years ago, a mostly square, not-so-lumpy cube was an achievement. The
technology _and_ our experience has come a long way.

-ethan