helping me fix my printer

Trey Roudebush

Feb 13, 2015, 5:35:18 PM2/13/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i need some help fixing my 3d printer.  everytime i fix one problem another one pops up.  can i meet up with you and get some help fixing the thermoster, hot end and carriage

i can pay you for your time.  The problem I have been having is my thermistor sometimes works and is reading the right temp or 121 122 123 or is reading 358 and will not move and I just bought this thermistor.

Thanks trey

jesse...@gmx.com

Feb 13, 2015, 5:37:23 PM2/13/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
What is your controller board, what is your firmware?

Trey Roudebush

Feb 13, 2015, 9:39:28 PM2/13/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, jesse...@gmx.com
printrboard rev d from printrbot with marlin firmware

jesse...@gmx.com

Feb 13, 2015, 11:36:36 PM2/13/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I think it might be a good thing to a new thremristor.
If you can flash your firmware,
I have a tap for the b3 thremristor.
350c and 500c available at microcenter.
We can drill out most any hot end.
I did my E3D v6, and love it.
But you have to update the firmware.

What is wrong with the carriage?
What type of thermistor do you currently have?

Trey Roudebush

Feb 15, 2015, 1:12:44 PM2/15/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, jesse...@gmx.com
i had just bought this thermistor so is it brokon it is the 500c from b3  and I have the pico just bought the pico and the thermistor

Larry Knopp

Feb 15, 2015, 3:11:16 PM2/15/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Did you correctly add the 500c thermistor table to your firmware and re-upload to your board?

https://www.b3innovations.com/?page_id=2264

B Stott

Feb 15, 2015, 8:07:52 PM2/15/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com

If the temp reading is intermittent it could be a short or not secure in the screw connectors. Re-connect the wires at the board. Verify the thermistor is well soldered to the wires and not a cold solder joint. Be sure any bare wire is covered with some insulator (kapton, shrink wrap, electrical tape). At the thermistor tip verify the fine wires did not get twisted to touch each other. Insulate them.

FWIW.

Brian in MO.

jesse...@gmx.com

Feb 15, 2015, 9:02:28 PM2/15/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
It is a manufactured b3 thermistor I doubt he can check, I know mine was this purchased as a fully assembled unit.

Trey Roudebush

Feb 15, 2015, 11:09:45 PM2/15/15
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Fully asembesed thanks everybody will try these things when I get home
in VA Bristol.