Meeting Reminder: Tomorrow, Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 7P-10P

Ethan Dicks

Feb 7, 2017, 5:21:11 PM2/7/17
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Greetings, Local Makers!

It's been more than a year that our building has been
under construction. Even though there are still things
to be painted, things to be installed, and signs to be
hung, the major construction is complete and we have
our Certificate of Occupancy. We've already started
holding classes in the new upstairs space, and this
month, we are moving the 3D Printing meetups upstairs!
If you saw what the upstairs looked like when we first
moved in and haven't already seen the renovations
in-progress, you will be astounded at the changes.

I'm told that just today, we are checking out the
full functionality of our new entrance doors, so plan
to come to the brightly-lit State St entrance and take
either the new elevator or the new stairs to the second
floor and follow the signs to the meetup. Parking
around the building is still free.

With the new space comes new opportunities, so I
welcome suggestions on changing the format and/or
content of the meetups. Let me say up front, if
people want presentations, that means we need
volunteers to sign up in advance to _make_ those
presentations. We will still be providing space
and power (and if needed, advice) for people to
bring and show off their printers.

We will remain free and open to all with interest
in the field. Bring a bot, bring a friend, and bring
them upstairs!

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 7P-10P
Columbus Idea Foundry
421 W State St
Columbus, OH, 43215

David Royal

Feb 16, 2017, 2:57:37 PM2/16/17
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Hi. I'm interested in getting some incite & inspiration on building a reprap. Are these meetings a good place for that? When is the next meeting?
Thanks.

Bill Schwanitz

Feb 16, 2017, 4:28:51 PM2/16/17
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
David,

Yes the meetup is a great place for something like this

Ethan Dicks

Feb 16, 2017, 4:44:04 PM2/16/17
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:57 PM, David Royal <roya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm interested in getting some incite & inspiration on building a
> reprap. Are these meetings a good place for that?

Hi, David,

Absolutely!

> When is the next meeting?

Wednesday, 8 March, 7P-10P. Always the second Wednesday of the month.

-ethan

David Royal

Feb 16, 2017, 4:48:39 PM2/16/17
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Well crap! Wednesday evenings are the only evenings that I'm regularly tied up. Any other meetings similar to this in the area on other days/nights?