Dayton 3D Printing Meetup, Feb 5th at 7:00PM

Ryan Plumley

Jan 30, 2015, 1:40:55 PM1/30/15
to "central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators@googlegroups.com", "dayton3d@googlegroups.com", Jeff O, dayton...@googlegroups.com
The next Dayton 3D Printing Meetup at FabSpace is scheduled for Thursday, February 5th. Meetings occur on the First Thursday of the month at 7:00PM. The location is at FabSpace 700 E 4th St. Dayton, OHhttp://fabspace.net/3dmeetup/

FabSpace's Capital Campaign is in full swing and they are looking for support to have a full armed and operational battle station makerspace!

I hope to see everyone that's interested coming out. 2015 will continue to see explosive growth in 3D printers & the ecosystem around them as things get more affordable and more intelligent to use.

One other item of note is Dayton Metro Libraries will be demoing a 3D printer at different locations throughout February. As anyone who has attended a meeting knows, it's a worth seeing these in action to understand the technology's potential. http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/news/2257-see-3d-printing-at-the-dayton-metro-library

Ryan Plumley

Mar 4, 2015, 4:23:20 PM3/4/15
to "central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators@googlegroups.com", "dayton3d@googlegroups.com", Jeff O, dayton...@googlegroups.com, Jennifer Spillman, Cara Kouse, Jayne Klose

The next Dayton 3D Printing Meetup at FabSpace is scheduled for Thursday, March 5th. Meetings occur on the First Thursday of the month at 7:00PM. The location is at FabSpace 700 E 4th St. Dayton, OHhttp://fabspace.net/3dmeetup/

Last month included a few machines printing, representatives of MCM electronics showing off the raspberry pi 2 (check out their maker section), Dayton Metro Library representatives talking about their 3D printing / maker initiatives, and TinkrTech--Bryan Adams giving a tour of his mobile fab lab.

This month doesn't have a fixed agenda. Feel free to bring in any questions or your 3D printer.  I've been upgrading my RepRap Prusa i3 so I can show that off and go through the Repetier software which is a popular option.

FabSpace's Capital Campaign is in full swing and they are looking for support to have a full armed and operational battle station makerspace!

Finally, there is a short fuse on a Makerfest being hosted by AFRL coming up (afmakerfest.org) on Pi day- 3/14 starting somewhere around 9:26:53 at Tec^Edge near the AF Museum.  I know that Jeff and Brian will be taking part and I will also be talking about 3D printing there if anybody needs any more of that. Limited tickets are available!  http://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrl-maker-fest-tickets-15670121756