Meeting Reminder: Tonight, Wednesday, 14 August 2013, 19:00-22:00

Ethan Dicks

Aug 14, 2013, 12:22:21 PM8/14/13
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
The Central Ohio RepRap and MakerBot Operators User Group
is having its August meeting tonight, from 19:00 to 22:00,
at The Columbus Idea Foundry: 1158 Corrugated Way,
Columbus, OH 43201, near the 5th Avenue exit of I-71.

For August, we are still in the Gallery space, at the 1158 door.
It's the plain metal door with the CIF sign over it. The door
self-latches, so please knock to be let in. There is a class
in the classroom, so don't be surprised if the parking lot
looks fuller than normal.

I will be bringing out my Thing O Matic and tuning it up in
preparation for the Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faire this coming
Sunday, where I will have a table to tell people about 3D
Printing, about our monthly meetups, and about the
general all around awesomeness of the Columbus Idea
Foundry. If anyone would like to join me, it would be
great to have a second person to work the table. The
Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faire is from 10A to 4P, and is
about 3.5 hours from here. Sent me a note or talk to
me at the meetup this week if you are interested.

Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month
To get announcements and to discuss MakerBot issues of
local importance, please join our local google group at:

http://groups.google.com/group/central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators/

The monthly meetings are free and open to all with an interest
in the technology regardless of prior experience. Bring your
enthusiasm down to the Columbus Idea Foundry, and if you
know someone who wants to learn more, bring them along, too.

Larry Knopp

Aug 14, 2013, 1:21:19 PM8/14/13
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
So intended to come out tonight...
But, unfortunately will not be able to make it...  and as for the other Partner-in-IC3D-crime, well...  he's kinda busy being a brand new Daddy.

See ya'll next month for sure!
Larry

CJ Estel

Aug 14, 2013, 1:27:42 PM8/14/13
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
I should be able to make this one.  I'll bring out my replicator 2 as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this is like and what I can pick up for operation of my machine as well.
--
Charles J. Estel
Mobile: (740) 407-7043

Patrick Manley

Aug 14, 2013, 2:01:11 PM8/14/13
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
I attended your meeting at COSI a few months ago with one of my clients. I would like to stop in tonight if that is ok.

Thanks,

Pat

--
Patrick W. Manley, RA, AIAA, ALA
Manley Architecture Group/MAG

Ethan Dicks

Aug 14, 2013, 4:27:23 PM8/14/13
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Larry Knopp <lwk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So intended to come out tonight...
> But, unfortunately will not be able to make it...

You will be missed.

> and as for the other
> Partner-in-IC3D-crime, well... he's kinda busy being a brand new Daddy.

Congrats!

> See ya'll next month for sure!

Excellent.

-ethan

Ethan Dicks

Aug 14, 2013, 4:29:10 PM8/14/13
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM, CJ Estel <c...@cjestel.net> wrote:
> I should be able to make this one. I'll bring out my replicator 2 as well.

Very cool.

> I'm looking forward to seeing what this is like and what I can pick up for
> operation of my machine as well.

The Meetups are unstructured, but generally, some folks bring printers and
set up small (20-30-minute) prints, and everybody sits around and shows
off prints they've made, problems they may be having, printers they'd like
to buy, etc.

Cheers,

-ethan

Ethan Dicks

Aug 14, 2013, 4:29:43 PM8/14/13
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Patrick Manley
<pa...@manleyarchitects.us> wrote:
> I attended your meeting at COSI a few months ago with one of my clients. I
> would like to stop in tonight if that is ok.

Please do stop in!

-ethan

Patrick Manley

Lamar Overton

Apr 9, 2016, 11:01:03 PM4/9/16
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am Kathy Overton, Lamar's wife.  Lamar passed away in Dec 2013 Emoji  I have his 3D printer he constructed but have no use for it.  I don't want to just throw it away.  He was so proud of it and was really starting to make some progress.  With this in mind, I am wondering if any one in the group would like to have it.  I'm sure it's probably old technology but I would know he would love for someone to make some use from it.  If anyone in the group is interested, I can be reached at SCOOB...@AOL.COM

Thanks

Lamar