j head and active cooling with pla

Bill Schwanitz

Aug 4, 2014, 9:10:05 PM8/4/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Curious, does the j head ( hotends.com ) need active cooling to print PLA?

Jonathan Sullivan

Aug 4, 2014, 9:19:26 PM8/4/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
The PLA definitely needs active cooling. I've printed in PLA with mine in the past without and cooling on the hotend (above the heater block) at all. Cooling that portion will help to prevent any heat creep of course, but I've never experienced a problem myself.

---
Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

Bill Schwanitz