PLA testing

Michael Cao

Aug 22, 2014, 12:29:17 AM8/22/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm looking for some locals to help me test some PLA from the first batch we've extruded.  You get to have free filament and keep all prints you make.  In return, I just want your general feedback.  Several of you have already volunteered (thanks!) but I thought I'd just reach out to the community.

Size: 1.75 & 3 are both available
Color: only natural for now (kind of an opaque color)
Compound: Natureworks 4043

Background:  Many of you central Ohioans know we've been producing our own ABS filament since last Fall here in Ohio.  The demand has been awesome (north of 4000 spools shipped to date!) and the feedback has been stellar.  We get asked about twice a week to make PLA, so, we finally got more equipment / manpower and are currently going through testing & tuning of line #2 (many people know I refuse to extrude both ABS and PLA through the same equipment...).

If interested in helping us out, please contact me directly and I'll get at least a pound shipped out to you.

Thanks!
Michael
IC3D

Frozen Rabbit

Aug 22, 2014, 3:09:12 AM8/22/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michael!

I've never run PLA but if you want to send a spool I'll give it a run. 1.75mm filament.

Steve

Subject: PLA testing
To: central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com

Dan

Aug 22, 2014, 4:42:00 PM8/22/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I would like to give it a try. I'm from Coldwater, Ohio 45828 , 515 E Walnut St., I have a Rostock Max v2 from the people over at SeeMeCNC, This is my first printer, not sure I would every get it going a lot of nuts and screws and other parts but all went together and working good. Nick build guide.  Thanks Dan Myers

Michael Cao

Aug 24, 2014, 9:25:57 PM8/24/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to everyone who responded!  I'll get the PLA sent out to you 8 guys this week.

If anyone else is interested, just let me know.

Thanks again!
Michael