Printrbot Plus

Trey Roudebush

Dec 2, 2014, 10:59:57 PM12/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
i finally got my printrbot plus 2.1 to start printing Monday night and all the prints on the  z axis are being stretch when I print them they aren't like that in cura I figured out that my  z axis rods are different then the ones they are said to be in cura so it's moving it to much but I don't know how to change it so it's for my z axis rods.  Does any body know how to change it and to what?

jesse...@gmx.com

Dec 2, 2014, 11:03:40 PM12/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
What is your firmware? You would need to change you steps per mm on the z axis

On December 2, 2014 10:59:57 PM EST, Trey Roudebush <trou...@gmail.com> wrote:
i finally got my printrbot plus 2.1 to start printing Monday night and all the prints on the  z axis are being stretch when I print them they aren't like that in cura I figured out that my  z axis rods are different then the ones they are said to be in cura so it's moving it to much but I don't know how to change it so it's for my z axis rods.  Does any body know how to change it and to what?

Trey Roudebush

Dec 2, 2014, 11:12:12 PM12/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, jesse...@gmx.com
I don't know what firmware it is it is probuly just the firmware printrbot uses i did buy it used so the owner might have changed it thought.

Trey Roudebush

Dec 2, 2014, 11:14:07 PM12/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
How would you change your steps per mm on the z axis with cura

jesse...@gmx.com

Dec 2, 2014, 11:14:48 PM12/2/14
to Trey Roudebush, central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like the steps are off, so you would change it and re flash the board. I can help with the cal of the new number

jesse...@gmx.com

Dec 2, 2014, 11:16:06 PM12/2/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I would change it in the firmware, is there an lcd desplay on your printer?

Trey Roudebush

Dec 3, 2014, 2:48:18 PM12/3/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, jesse...@gmx.com
yes there is.

jesse...@gmx.com

Dec 3, 2014, 3:07:00 PM12/3/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
If you look at all the options you may see one for steeps per mm for x,y,z and e.

You can use this site to work out your new number http://prusaprinters.org/calculator/ it sounds like it is stepping to far

Trey Roudebush

Dec 3, 2014, 3:33:53 PM12/3/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com, jesse...@gmx.com
I can only found the e steps and what would I change it to