mesh cleaning tools

Bill Schwanitz

Sep 10, 2015, 10:23:12 PM9/10/15
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
At the meetup last night Ethan and I were talking about fixing up some stl files he had which were far more complicated than necessary and resulted in issues with slicing/printing.

Thought I would pass this article on. Its a good read and seems to help.

Some parts, especially if exported from certain commercial tools *caugh* Solidworks *caugh* produce ridiculously large stl files for no good reason. Some slicers will run in to issues - I've had Slic3r crash due to overly complex meshes more than a few times.

Enjoy,

bill