Can anyone help me with a simple item made out of Ninjaflex?

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Ethan Dicks

未讀,
2017年11月7日 上午8:32:412017/11/7
收件者:central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Greetings, Local Makers,

I have a set of old Commodore cassette drives that have stretched
drive belts. Someone recently printed replacements...

http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/275/making-belts-with-a-3d-printer

I have three models of tape drive. One the same as his, and two older
models which might or might not have the same size drive belt. I can
do up the STL files in OpenSCAD in a couple of minutes, but can anyone
help me with the printing? I don't have a machine that can feed
Ninjaflex. Color can be anything. These are functional items and
will never be seen.

Thanks for any assistance!

-ethan

nickythegreek

未讀,
2017年11月7日 上午9:41:122017/11/7
收件者:central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I could try it with PCTPE.

-ethan

Bill Schwanitz

未讀,
2017年11月7日 中午12:40:372017/11/7
收件者:central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
For sure I can. Have printed the stuff multiple times

I have both ninja flex and semiflex. Let me know.

For the belt I would recommend the semiflex. It's a little stiffer and won't slip as easily

Ethan Dicks

未讀,
2017年11月7日 下午4:56:502017/11/7
收件者:central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
> On Nov 7, 2017 9:41 AM, "nickythegreek" <nickyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I could try it with PCTPE.

OK. How does that compare in flexibility to ninjaflex? I ask because
I don't know the properties of PCTPE off the top of my head.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Bill Schwanitz <bil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For sure I can. Have printed the stuff multiple times

Cool.

> I have both ninja flex and semiflex. Let me know.

OK.

> For the belt I would recommend the semiflex. It's a little stiffer and won't
> slip as easily

I'm not sure "stiffer" is good in this case. The original is a black
rubber "belt", really a rubber band with a square cross-section. It
needs to roll around the drive pulley that's not even 1cm across.

Michael Cao gave me an armspan of flexible TPU in 3mm dia. I might
also see about that.

I should be able to quickly bang out a sample STL for one of the three
tapes drives easily. For the other two, I'll need to open them up and
compare the belt path to see if it's the same or not.

I will be at the meetup tomorrow, but I know Bill is busy this week.
This is not an urgent project. The tape drives are decades old. A
few weeks will make no perceptible difference.

Thanks!

-ethan

Bill Schwanitz

未讀,
2017年11月7日 晚上9:04:292017/11/7
收件者:central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring a sample of both to the conference tomorrow for you to see

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息