Meeting Reminder: *Today* Wednesday 14 May, 2014, 7P-10P

Ethan Dicks

May 14, 2014, 1:02:52 PM5/14/14
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
The Columbus Idea Foundry has moved! We are now in East
Franklinton, at 421 W State St, two blocks west of COSI. It's
still two weeks until our official ribbon cutting and first Open
House, but we'll be having our first 3D Printing Meetup at the
new space as we get ready for the grand opening. Be sure to
check the address directly; Google Maps hasn't processed
the change yet.

If you've been to meetups in the past, we will still have tables and
electrical power, and space to set up printers and space to converse.
As usual, we'll also have tours of the new space throughout the
evening. I will also want to take a few minutes at the start of
the evening to call together everyone who is interested in starting
up presentations at future meetings. If you want to do this,
please think of a few topics you could present to a mixed
audience in 45-60 minutes (a projector and internet connection
would be available to all).

For tonight, if you want to show up a little early and help move
tables and do general setup, that will happen after 6P.

There is a meetup.com registration link. If you plan to come, please
take a minute to RSVP. It helps us with our community visibility.

http://www.meetup.com/makermeetup/Columbus-OH/1152942/

As always, the meetups are free and open to all with an interest in the field.

Come on down and help us kick off the first meetup in our new home!

Wednesday, 14 May, 2014, 7P-10P
Columbus Idea Foundry
421 W State St
Columbus, OH, 43215

Scott D

Jun 13, 2014, 10:39:56 PM6/13/14
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I brought my Replicator 2 printer in last month and had a lot of questions about the upgrades I have done to it.
Since Ethan was nice enough to grant my access to this group I can now post the URL to my YouTube channel playlist for all the updates I have done to the replicator 2. Thanks Ethan.

This playlist mostly consists of install videos, but in the description of each install video for the parts I installed you will find the links for the website to the items and links to the google groups to read up on others opinions and questions about the upgrades.

A few updates I have done since I took the printer to the meeting are:
1. Replaced the stock bushing in the carriage with linear bearings - video coming soon. Just needs edited.
2. Replaced the stock X cables that tend to beak connections from aware with adafruit cable. Video is in the play lost for this. This is a great cable for any printer was has constant motion on the cable and it's made of silicone so it can handle surviving in heated chambers.

Other little updates I have done but didn't do a video on them are:
The ABS air scrubber:
http://www.thingiverse.com/make:76712

And end stop reinforcers:
http://www.thingiverse.com/make:80333

I have not done any reviews on these products and probably won't since I have them all installed currently. The only thing I can tell you is it runs great, does ABS, nylon, and of corse PLA since that's what the R2 was originally designed to run and others. I have not tried PC yet, but seems like I would have no problems printing PC with my updates since my research shows that other have printed with it.

The playlist link is:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpXy7eev4S13bBGjrHGk1ds86EbNfa_Cf